Florida Community Forums. Dialog with others from Florida and around the country in our local community forums.

Search Other Cities

usa→kentucky

You Are Discussing: Russell High school graduation

Homer Bentley
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Offensive  |  Reply
2006-05-20 12:30:29

I want to say that parents, and all citizens of Russell should be very proud of the students that stood against the judges ban on prayer during graduation exercises. They were standing for what the constitution says about congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise thereof. They have a constitutional right to pray, and I thank God for those students. They have given me some hope for the future.

Laura Owens
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Offensive  |  Reply
2006-06-05 14:45:35

I am really glad for us taking our stand in what we belive in and I myself was one of them that took a stand for God and I stood my ground for what i belived in. I love God so very much and dont know where in life riht now that I would be without my Lord Jesus Christ! I am so proud of Russell County!!

Dot
Stanton, Kentucky
Offensive  |  Reply
2006-07-01 20:55:17

They may have taken prayer out of school, but it is the spirit that lives within a Christian that we share, and an unbeliver can not touch, so keep on letting that light shine.

Dot
Stanton, Kentucky
Offensive  |  Reply
2006-07-06 17:15:18

Some schools met in the gym or some place before the first bell rang . they took care of the problem themselves. Some test just need praying about.

Anna
Nicholasville, Kentucky
Offensive  |  Reply
2006-07-07 13:03:58

I am so proud of those kids for doing what they had to do instead of hiding in the shadow and letting the government take control over what I believe shuld our right to decide if we want to pray we will and if we dont well then we wont . but just a shout out and a way to go for doing that.

Laura
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Offensive  |  Reply
2006-07-08 22:08:24

What ever happened to FREEDOM the FREEDOM of SPEECH, RELIGION, PRESS, ASSEMBLY, PETITION??? What ever happened to that. I think that in my opinion that if who ever dont want to prayer said any where should not either go or they should just ignore it. I am so proud that we have a county that will stand up for Christ and what we belive.And to think or look at how many people stood up and how many of them people was teens or younger people. You know and if you really go to thinking about it their is onle about 4% of TEENS that will stand up for God and the other 96% wont. I dont know if its because they arent Godly or if its just that they dont want people know that the will stand up. It is just so great to know that ME and my FRIENDS WILL stand up for God and ARE part of the 4% of TEENS that WILL stand up. I love Russell County and the Godly people in it.

Add your comment!
Submitting content to these forums constitutes agreement with our terms of service and forum rules .
Cookies Must Be Enabled to Prevent Spam

(Optional) Email
I would like to be notified by Email of responses to this topic!
Note, your email will not be posted publicly.
  • Miami, Florida Channels
  • Miami, Florida Home
  • Miami, Florida Hotels
  • Miami, Florida Real Estate
  • Miami, Florida Services
  • Miami, Florida Local
  • Miami, Florida Jobs
  • Miami, Florida Financial
  • Miami, Florida Cars
  • Miami, Florida Home Improvement
  • Miami, Florida Colleges